The big moment is here!
They are starting to hurt a little, but NOTHING like the spacers were hurting me. I choose to get the Silver color for now till the next visit. I want to get use to the braces first before I put a color like blue on there, which I think I want next time. What color do you think I should get?
1. HARD FOODS may do damage by bending the wires, loosening the cement under the bands, or breaking the brackets and
tubes that are attached to the bands. Some of the foods of this type are listed below with ways they may be eaten — if
- CORN ON THE COB Should be cut off the cob.
- RAW CARROTS Cut into carrot “curls” which are thin. Chew with the back teeth.
- CELERY Chew with the back teeth.
- APPLES Cut into wedges.
- POPCORN ABSOLUTELY NOT!! The hard kernels are murder on the wires
- and brackets! The husks can get trapped between teeth and gums
- causing serious swelling and infection.
- HARD BREAD Tear off pieces and DON’T bite into the crust with the front teeth.
- ICE CUBES DON’T chew ice cubes!
- BONES DON’T CHEW ON BONES!
2. STICKY FOODS damage appliances by bending the wires and pulling the cement seal loose. Stay away from gummy
bears, taffy, sugar daddies, caramels, and suger gum.
*Sometimes it O.K. to chew sugarless gum for the first two days after your appointment if your teeth really hurt—
the chewing action helps the teeth feel better.
3. FOODS HIGH IN SUGAR CONTENT should be avoided–especially between meals! Brush your teeth thoroughly and
immediately after eating any really sweet foods or snacks.
Take a toothbrush to school with you!