An excellent SSD upgrade for any Laptop! Love their Momentum Cache too! Sent my speeds flying 10x faster on Seq reads & writes!
• Hot Tip: If you buy this, download their software to use Momentum Cache! Here is the link you won’t regret it!
• Super fast read and write speeds with Momentum Cache enabled!!
Seq (Q32T1) 2635 MB/s Read – 3021MB/s Write
4K (Q32T1) 339.3MB/s Read – 304MB/s Write
Seq 4343MB/s Read – 3700MB/s Write
4K 359.3MB/s Read – 306.3MB/s Write
• Easy firmware updates, and has encryption disk options native to the software.
• Super easy to setup and migrate from HDD to the SSD. I used EaseUS ToDo Backup Free to migrate all my data over. The partition master wants you to upgrade to pro, but their backup software will let you do it free.
• I had issues using the included Acronis Data Migration due to my Dell laptop has UEFI secured boot enabled. Which caused it to fail every time I tried. SO I used the software mentioned above, EaseUS ToDo Backup free to migrate my data over without any issues.
• The Crucial Storage Executive software using your internet browser to manage the settings. I’d honestly prefer it use it’s on GUI instead of the Chrome/Firefox browser. Would be nice to see this added in an update.
So overall, would I suggest you buy this for your Laptop or external drive enclosure? ABSOLUTELY YES! Without a second thought.
I’d highly suggest Crucial over Kingston because Kingston doesn’t have any alternative software benefit like caching. Only Crucial and Samsung do I think. Correct me if I missed a brand that does offer it.